The VF-Engineering designers set about designing the billet supercharger mounting bracket with CAD software creating solid models of parts to be CNC manufactured. The bracket was designed to utilize OEM bolt patterns and requires no alteration or relocation of any engine parts to be fitted. Made from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum the bracket mounts to factory machined surface points on the aluminum engine block for a precision fit.
A V3 model Si-Trim Vortech Engineering supercharger unit was chosen after consultation with Vortech engineers and matching the engine’s volumetric efficiency with supercharger compressor maps. The V3 unit contains helical-cut gears for super quite performance – virtually silent with the engine compartment lid closed. The V3 supercharger has a 20psi and 1000cfm maximum capacity and is an over-engineered part for this Porsche application which is geared to produce a conservative 6psi in the engine’s intake manifold.
The fastidious design of the supercharge
Super Charger Kit For PORSCHE996 For 2001-2005 Carrera 3.4/3.6
- Vortech V3 Si-Trim supercharger
- Air water charge cooler system
- Polypropylene water reservoir
- OEM high density water radiator
- Bosch water pump
- Bosch EV14 fuel injectors
- Bosch bypass valve
- Hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum bracket
- OEM serpentine belt
- K&N induction filter with air box
- Hex Flash ECU tuning programming cable
- Install time 14-16 hours approx
- Made in California, USA.